Quinta Essentia at St Ambrose Hall
Sunday 11th June, 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Sinhô Jura
- Heitor Villa-Lobos Bachianas Brasileiras No. 5 Ária (Cantilena)
- Heitor Villa-Lobos A lenda do caboclo
- Rafael dos Santos Choro do Fábio
- Heitor Villa-Lobos Choros No. 4
- Antônio Carlos Jobim Desafinado, arr. Paul Leenhouts
- Radamés Gnattali Seresta No. 2
- Radamés Gnattali Lenda
- Guinga Choro pro Zé, arr. Rafael dos Santos
- Daniel Wolff Flautata Doce
- César Guerra-Peixe Mourão
“Caboclo”—a word used in Brazil to describe a person of mixed Indigenous and European ancestry—is filled with original music for recorder quartet and arrangements of Brazilian popular tunes. Using instruments that provide “speech”, the group presents the Brazilian accent: a mixture of different rhythms inherited from African music and fluent melody inherited from European music, producing a Brazilian voice through which Quinta Essentia tells us the stories of this bringing together of musical and national poems.
In addition to this concert, Quinta Essentia will visit Macedon Ranges schools during the week before the Festival for an exciting musical incursion program for students of all ages.
Tickets $40 adult / $35 concession / $15 child